Google
 

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chauffeur driven ...... Bike!!!

At the unveiling ceremony at the 9th Auto Expo in New Delhi, Mr. Ratan N. Tata said:

“I observed families riding on two-wheelers – the father driving the scooter, his young kid standing in front of him, his wife seated behind him holding a little baby. It led me to wonder whether one could conceive of a safe, affordable, all-weather form of transport for such a family.
We are happy to present the People’s Car to India and we hope it brings the joy, pride and utility of owning a car to many families who need personal mobility.”
But the fact is, traffic conditions are becoming worst everyday, with no signs of improvement. Bikes are easy to maneuver in traffic, easy to park, hence ideal for getting from one place to other in a city like Mumbai. (Please note the Nano is yet to hit the streets.)

Yeah sounds weird and funny but that was the story last week in Midday. But to be honest, that was so much practical. On multiple instances in the past, I went for my bike keys instead of the car keys considering that I have to reach a certain location on time and I was already late. I am sure many would agree with the idea and it makes perfect sense.
The only reason I would prefer a car over a bike is because its a little bit safer, I get air conditioning in summer, protection from rain and most important my white shirt remains white and not turned into some shade of Grey when I reach the destination.

"Chaufer gaadi niklo"

Ironically as the poor and middle class are waiting for Nano the more privileged are probably realizing the benefits of the two wheelers.

Now I wonder if Mr Tata or Mr Bajaj would find something like this as a more practical solution:


Post your comments:-

Would you go for a CHauffer driven bike?
Will the situation become worse after launch of cars like Tata Nano.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, Love it.

We could make a stretched limo bike and put a few extra seats on it.

Wonder who would hire it, there must be somebody out there.

Is it you?

Lol.

Chauffeur Center

Label Cloud

Google